#150WaysToLife Video Contest Rules and Guidelines
- Open to residents of Canada, ages 29 and under.
- Video can be produced by 1 person or a group.
- Video must be submitted by June 30th midnight eastern time.
- Video length up to 3 minutes (max).
- Videos must be in .mpg, .wmv, .avi, .mov or .mp4 format.
- All videos will be screened and judged, and only those that comply with the Rules and Guidelines will be eligible for the prize. The TOP videos will be uploaded to the London Area Right To Life Association’s Youtube Page.
- Judging: A panel of judges will review all eligible submissions received before the Contest Closing Date and will choose the winning submissions based on originality, creativity, impact and how ‘inspirational’ the video is. The decisions of the Contest Judges are final and binding on all entrants. The chances of being selected as the winner depends on the number and calibre of eligible submissions received.
- All submissions become the property of the “#150WaysToLife” campaign.
- There are three (3) cash prizes available to be won: first place video $1000 (CAD); second place video $500 (CAD); third place video $250 (CAD). If the Prize is won by a minor, it will be awarded to the minor’s parent or guardian.
- Don’t use music that is copyrighted and that you don’t have permission to use or your video will be disqualified. If you are not using an original piece of music (created by you or a friend), then the song must be in what is called the ‘public domain’. Covering an already existing song, changing the lyrics to a popular song (while still using the melody) are examples of copyright infringement (even if you cite/credit the artist at the end of your video). We do not want to disqualify videos! To find music that is in the public domain, and therefore usable, please see the following options:
- – Look for “royalty free music” on an internet search engine (e.g., Google)
- – Look for music in the public domain on these types of websites: www.pdinfo.com/list.php
How to Submit a Video and Register with Us:
- Post a youtube video with the title “ #150WaysToLife- YOUR TITLE”
- Email your youtube video to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
- Full Name*
- Mailing Address
- Phone number
- If you are 18 and younger, please also provide the following information
- Legal Guardian’s name
- Legal Guardian’s home address
- Legal Guardian’s phone number
- We will then email you a link for our DropBox which will require you to upload your video file
*If your video was done in a group ( more than 1) you will only require to submit 1 contact information when registering.